News! Living With A Long Term Condition
Created: Tuesday, 06 June 2017 10:09
The living with a long term condition programme aims to help you take control of your long term health conditions, helping you live well.
This programme is for you if:
- your illness is affecting your everyday life
- you want things to change for the better
- you want to achieve the best quality of life despite your condition
People with long term conditions face many similar issues such as fatigue, pain, frustration, stress and depression.
The course looks at how to manage these whilst working alongside your healthcare providers. By joining the course you will:
- learn new skills to manage your gealth condition better
- feel confident and more in control of your life
- develop confidence in the daily management of your specific condition
- meet others and share similar experiences
- learn about developing more effective relationships with health professionals
The 6 week course can help you take control of your health. It focuses on what you can do rather than what you can't. Each session is 2.5 hours, once a week where you will learn:
- how to deal with symptoms like pain and tiredness
- how to cope with depression or feeling low
- relaxation techniques
- appropriate physical activity
- health eating
- how to effectively communicate with family, friends and health professionals
- how to plan for the future
- how to set realistic goals and pacing yourself
This programme is run by two trained tutors who themselves have been living with long term conditions and can give practical advice based on their own life experiences.
If you would like to refer then please,
Call: 01283 210109 / 07487257187
Programme Start Dates:
Monday 12 June, 1:30pm-4pm, Matlock
Monday 12 June, 2pm-4:30pm, Eckington
Thursday 15 June 1:30pm-4pm, Chesterfield
Tuesday 22 June, 1:30pm-4pm, Swadlincote
July & September dates to be confirmed (Belper, Chesterfield, Glossop, Clowne, Long Eaton, Ashbourne and Swadlincote).