News! Green Spaces & Wellbeing Conference
- Created: Friday, 21 July 2017 14:58
Derbyshire Public Health Network is holding a Green Spaces and Wellbeing Conference which is aimed at anyone with an interest in health and greenspace, those working in local authorities, CCG's, primary care, social care, NHS providers, The voluntary sector, health and development workers, children's services, schools, outdoor educators, planners, etc.
The conference will enable participants to:
- Stregnthen their knowledge of the physical and emotional health impacts of green spave
- Gain understanding of ways to measure green space, the estimated amount of greenspace we have in Derbyshire and how accessible it is
- Learn about the concept of nature connectedness and its links to health and wellbeing
- Gain understanding of what works by providing an overview of evidence for effective actuin to promote use of greenspae and by showcasing current research projects
- Take part in interactive workshops showcasing practical ways of engaging with greenspace in order to promote wellbeing
Where? The Derbyshire Eco Centre, Porter Lane, Middleton, Matlock, DE4 4LS
Date and Time? Wednesday 20 September 2017, 9:15am until 4pm
Places will be confirmed by the 1 September.