- Created: Monday, 04 April 2011 08:17
About the project...
Bolsover District Council and North East Derbyshire District Council submitted a joint local area group application along with local private, public and voluntary partners and were successful in securing over £2million of European funding from 2007-2013.
The LEADER Programme has four objectives:
- To support the land based sector to invest in the economic growth of the area through diversification; including recreational and leisure developments and other non agricultural activities, such as new sustainable green enterprises and woodland businesses.
- To support local people to develop a culture of enterprise and innovation through the development of micro businesses which build upon the environmental and heritage opportunities of the area and enhance the rural economy.
- To develop the potential of tourism and recreation as a key driver within the area’s economy, which will change the perception of the area, providing high quality recreational and tourism enterprises which build on the area’s heritage and existing historic buildings; environmental resources and communities.
- To maximise the participation of local people in the growth of the rural economy, including training and innovative projects at community level to give access to new employment opportunities, including enterprise and entrepreneurship for local young people and ‘workless’ people.
Bolsover District Council contributed some of its Working Neighbourhoods Funding towards the programme management and staffing costs including the Project Officer and Monitoring Officers.